Installation and Configuration of 3CX IPPBX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by shaikh.basha, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaikh.basha

Dear Sir / Madam,
    Good Morning Every one in this forum. I am a new bie in this forum and not well aware of VOIP. So, I have the following questions while installing and configuring the IPPBX.

1. I have installed 3cx on my machine which is running Windows 7 OS. The problem is that it registers for sometime and then deregisters. I don't have Static IP from ISP. For internet access. I set to "Obtain an IP address & DNS server automatically.

2. When I click on Select Interface while installation, It is giving me 3 IP Addresses to select from such as 192.168.1.2,
    192.168.2.1 and 169.254.108.219. I don't know how I got 3 IP Addresses in 3cx.
    After selecting 192.168.1.2, the extension is registered and I configured my Nokia SIP Enabled handset accordingly and it is registered too. I can see the status of extension "Registered" and I can see the phone model too. I have added voip provider as well as VOIP Gateway and I tried to call, but the call is not going thru.

May I request you to let me know how to fix this problem. Your detailed and quick response in this regard would be very much appreciated. Thanking you,

shaikh.basha

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Hi Welcome to the foum

Right first off, do you know the internal ip address for your router?

I see you have two IPs 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.2.1 (Ignore 169.254.108.219)

once you have found out which IP address your network is using either 192.168.1.2 or 192.168.2.1

you will need to log into the 3CX Management page and goto >> Settings - Netork - Select Network Card Interface and select the IP address of either 192.168.1.2 or 192.168.2.1 (Must be the one that is in the same range as the router)

Once this has been done, you need to map the TCP/ UDP ports on your router to the IP address of the Computer running 3CX

Port Numbers are

9000 - 9049 (UDP)
    5060 - 5060 (TCP)

Once you have done this, please try to make a call and let us know if all works

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hello,
    You should also set your 3CX PC such that it uses a static LAN address. This is so that any extension will be able to point to a static address.It should not be part of a DHCP range and must be outside it, or you will have address conflicts. As Dave says, you should set your router such that it does port forwarding to that chosen LAN address. Run the forewall checker. Once this is done extneral voip providers will work. It would also be a good idea to ensure that there is only one IP address on the LAN so that 3CX does not unexpectedly use one of the other ones.

I hope that helps
    RIchard

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. shaikh.basha

Thank you very much for the swift reply and the cooperation extended to me by the forum members. I am really greateful & thankful to all. I tried but could not succeed. Please find below my comments.

1. How to find which IP address my network is using and how to set Static IP on my machine.
    2. I am unable to run the Firewall checker. It's giving a message to stop the services first. Where as I already stopped the services.
    3. I am unable to find TCP/ UDP ports on my router. I can access my broadband router with this ip address 192.168.1.1. When I opened the Router's configuration page, I can see "Port Mapping" in the leftside panel, but I don't see TCP/UDP ports.

For your information, I have set to "Disabled DHCP server" in LAN setup of Router's configuration page. I am using PPPOE protocol and Enabled Automatic Assigned Default Gateway. My LAN ip address in Router's configuration page is 192.168.1.1
    & Default gateway is 59.93.64.1, Primary DNS Server: 218.248.241.5 & Secondary DNS Server: 218.248.240.180.

May I request the forum members to get my problems fixed and sorted out. Thanks for the cooperation.
    Regards,

5. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Welcome to the forums and 3CX.

For a first time user I feel you have gone straight into the deep end of the pond. Lets surface you a bit and start from there.

1. Setting up your 3CX properly basic requirments.
    a. Static IP on the PBX machine, reserve this using a mac adress on your router.
    b. Make sure you port forward ( http://www.portforward.com will help you on this).
    c. Run firewall checker by stopping the 3CX phone system service AND the 3CX tunnel service.

2. Is 3CX working and set up properly?
    a. Connect a 3CX voiphone to the pbx.
    b. DIal voicemail (999 or 99 depening on configuration) you should hear please enter you pin.
    C. If that goes well your PBX is configured properly.

Get back to us with these answers and we shall progress from there on. It is essential you read trough the documentation we have created. You see to have a limited knownledge of networking and need to scrub up a bit more on it :).

6. shaikh.basha

Dear All,

I am still facing the problem in configuring the 3CX for up and running.

I have installed 3CX on windows 7 OS. Is it ok or do I need to change the OS to XP? Is it possible to run 3CX on 3G internet instead of DSL Broadband? Your kind response in this regard would be very much appreciated. Thanking you in advance. Thanks,

7. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

3G is not designed for server applications.
    Any Windows based OS (XP and later. 32 or 64 bits doesn't matter) is suitable.
    All information is on http://www.3cx.com/blog/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.