Installation error. 3CX cannot be installed on windows

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by LiscardGP, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiscardGP

I have a clean build windows 7 professional PC x86 on which I am attempting to install 3CX version 125. When attempting installation it fails immediately with a message which starts "3CX cannot be installed on windows" and then lists the various versions of windows. I have been using 3CX for a few years and never had an error such as this. Can any one help. I attach the log produced when the installation fails.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

FURTHER NOTE. I THINK I HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM. Is it the case that 3CX 125 will only install on Windows 7 Professional x64?

Thanks

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

You hit the nail on the head.

http://www.3cx.com/docs/installing-3cx/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LiscardGP

Thanks for the reply.

When I realised the problem I though I should leave the post active in case others make the same mistake.

Maybe I should have realised sooner what was happening but I just checked the Administrator manual which does not alert readers to the fact there are now different versions of 3CX for different operating systems. I think the manual could be improved in this respect.

4. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Mmmm, did you read the 3CX Phone System version 12.5 Administrator Manual?
    http://www.3cx.com/docs/installing-3cx/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.