Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Installation error. 3CX cannot be installed on windows

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by LiscardGP, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiscardGP

I have a clean build windows 7 professional PC x86 on which I am attempting to install 3CX version 125. When attempting installation it fails immediately with a message which starts "3CX cannot be installed on windows" and then lists the various versions of windows. I have been using 3CX for a few years and never had an error such as this. Can any one help. I attach the log produced when the installation fails.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

FURTHER NOTE. I THINK I HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM. Is it the case that 3CX 125 will only install on Windows 7 Professional x64?

Thanks

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

You hit the nail on the head.

http://www.3cx.com/docs/installing-3cx/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LiscardGP

Thanks for the reply.

When I realised the problem I though I should leave the post active in case others make the same mistake.

Maybe I should have realised sooner what was happening but I just checked the Administrator manual which does not alert readers to the fact there are now different versions of 3CX for different operating systems. I think the manual could be improved in this respect.

4. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Mmmm, did you read the 3CX Phone System version 12.5 Administrator Manual?
    http://www.3cx.com/docs/installing-3cx/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.