Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Installation Error

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by HamHam, Jan 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HamHam

Dear All,

I've been playing with a new install for over 2 days now and every single time after i successfully finish the Debian 8 Setup and logon to the web browser setup section (http://MY_IP:5015) after the HTTP/HTTPS port selection i see a server error, right after the bottom status bar says something about database creation.

Here is the error:
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at PostInstall.SetupExecutor.WriteIniFiles() at PostInstall.SetupExecutor.CreateDatabase(Action`1 stateChanged) at PostInstall.SetupExecutor.ExecuteSetup(SetupSettings setupSettings, Action`1 stateChanged) at PbxWebConfigTool.PbxSetupService.CreatePbxInternal(SetupSettings settings)

I really cannot make anything out of it as what's causing the issues other than its something that fails during database setup, i was hoping you guys could shed a light on this.

I'm installing from debian-8.6.0-amd64-netinst-3cx.iso

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @HamHam
    Once you are at the configuration wizard do you fill out all the values? is there any value that says "Leave Unchanged"?

3. HamHam

I fill in all the IP and the FQDN parts, it gets to the screen where it asks me to choose a HTTP/HTTPS ports which i leave as default options 5000/5001 and upon pressing next i get this error.

One piece of information which i left out before was that i'm doing a virtual install on VirtualBox with the downloaded iso, but i doubt his could have anything to do with the actual cause.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Check the time of the machine, un-install the PBX and the next install use the command line install not the browser (gives more details about the error) and let us know if that worked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.