Installation Error

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by fgwing, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fgwing

Hi,

I am having trouble installing the 3CX SIP-PBX. This error message appears while the installation is in progress...

Error: Failed to startthe Service:3CX Phone System Database Server

And then It says the installation was interrupted. Your system has not been modified. And the installation fails.

I installed .NET Framework as instructed by the installation on the first try.

P4 2.4GHz 512MB
    WinXP SP2
    Firewall if Off
    User: Administrator

Any ideas?

Thx,
    FGW

2. KrisHansen

Check the application Event Log for any errors/warnings during the time of the install. Google that error/Post it in reply here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. alexmallia

alexmallia New Member
    3CX Support

This problem looks quite complicated to troubleshoot via forums. To get technical support on this one, you can contact our technical support (This requires commercial edition with support package). If you have a commercial edition, but no support package, you can purchase one here:

https://erp.3cx.com/orderform/support.aspx

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. fgwing

thank's for your reply. I ran the installation on a fresh WinXP SP2 install w/.NET Framework and it is now working!!

/FG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.