• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Installation Errors - Removal of 3CX from PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhanson

Reaction score
The other day I tried to Uninstall my 3CX version 7 to install the most up to date version.

During the uninstall the the interface locked up, and after a few minutes dis-appeared. However 3CX was not un-installed....nor was it Installed. It was sort of in limbo. I could not launch anything as it would say it is uninstalled, but when I tried to install again it as it already was installed and could not overwrite the older version.

At this point I ran 3CX Installation Checker, and followed the instructions on how to completely remove 3CX from the system. I did this all just as it is stated in the site.

We made progress! Now, when I try to install 3CX, I get the following error as the installer tries to start services:

"3CX Phone System Cannot Install one of it's required products. Contact your Technical Support Group".

Does anyone have any ideas of what is causing this error? This happens with both the IIS and Cassini Install options.

After the installation completer, did you let the 3CX wizard run to the end? This must be done in order to ensure the database is created successfully and instillation is complete. If the wizard is not run or aborted, the 3CX services will not start.

regards

Alex,

When originally un-installing the program, the wizard just dis-appeared....and that started the problem.

Now the wizard does not complete, and gives the error message as shown.

When I run installation checker, It says I can install 3CX, but something in the install is stopping.

You could try using windows explorer and manually deleting any 3cx directories left on the machine. Use REGEDIT from RUN and do a search in the registry for any reference to "3CX", you should be able to delete wihout a problem. However,If you've never gone into the registry before, get someone that has to work with you just so you don't take out something that should have been left alone.

Hi

This link

http://www.3cx.com/support/installation-checker.html

will give you instructions on how to manually remove 3CX from the system.

Let me know if you have problems

Note: When you have that error go to the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services - Check that there are no 3cx traces left. If there are delete them. They are at the top of the list and after each other so you have no worries. After that reboot the machine.

What version of 3cx V7 were you uninstalling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YBow
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.