Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Installation Errors

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tonyrowe, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonyrowe

I am having some issues with installation of 3CX. Whenever I try to install with the integrated Cassini webserver I get this error "The 3CX PhoneSystem Configuration failed to install." That is followed by this error:"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for install to complete could not be run." I have searched the web for days and haven't been able to find any resolution. I have redownloaded the installation package, downloaded the installation checker, downloaded the windows install cleanup tool, and several other things. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this.

2. alexmallia

alexmallia New Member
    3CX Support

The issue seems to be from the Windows installer on this machine

What OS are you using? If XP or 2003 please download and install Windows Installer 3.1 from the Microsoft site. If Vista or 2008 download and install Windows Installer 4.5. Reboot after doing this.

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tonyrowe

I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3. I tried to update the installer but it didn't work. I'm trying to install IIS right now and see if that might work however I don't think the problem is with the webserver.

4. tonyrowe

I tried to install with IIS but I'm still getting the same error. I'm excited about getting to try the product if I could get it to work.

5. tonyrowe

Is there anyone that reviews the posts? I would be interesting in purchasing the enterprise edition if I could get support with this issue.

6. sipero123

Hi,

This also might be related to what you already have installed on your machine.

Is this a clean/fresh install of Windows XP, if not what else has been installed? You could try removing the Windows installer rebotting your computer and then try re-installing again.

Jonathan Hamon

7. tonyrowe

It is a clean install of Windows. I have tried updating the installer and everything.

8. discovery1

discovery1 Member

Do you have an antivirus package installed on the machine?
    Try disabling it if you do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.