• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Installation Fails ** REASON UPGRADE XP to VISTA ON THE FLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taffman

Reaction score
I'm having problems installing 3CX version 9 on my Windows Vista PC. The installer runs ok and after defining the location for the installation I get an error saying "The 3CX Phone System Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error" However there is no clue as to what this error is. Has anyone else come across this or have any ideas on how I can get the 3CX Install Wizard to complete an install. I have tried running the Install Wizard from the Administrator account so that isn't the problem.

Re: Installation Failure

What version of Vista are you running? That might help someone answer your question.

Vista Business Edition (Pro) 32 bit.

Hi There,

The event log would potentially give you more details however commone thing to try are:

Update your windows system.
Ensure no virus scanners are running
Ensure you have .net 3.5 installed.

Re run the wizard by gongn to program files/3cx/bin/ 3cxwizard.exe right click run as administrator.

Many thanks for your advise, I disabled Kasperski and re ran the install as admin, but no luck the install still failed.
There is no event log to view as the install directory was never created by the wizard likewise I cant run /3cx/bin/ 3cxwizard.exe because this directory and file does not exist.

As FYI, this PC I'm using was originally installed with Windows XP, and I had a working instance of 3CX on XP, I later de installed it for reasons I wont go into here and later on upgraded the OS to Vista. Maybe there's some residual registry entry that's causing this, but I've looked and cant find anything obvious.

Perhaps try disabling UAC and try to install. I've not installed 3CX on Vista so I can't say definitively if this will help, but it is a standard step to try when struggling to get software to install.

If you upgraded in-place from XP to Vista, I would next recommend a wipe of the hard drive and perform a clean install of Vista.

wipe out vista - Vista on its own already sucks. Let alone upgrading from xp to vista.

Actually - move to another os in the first place. If you do not want, format machine, install vista and give it full service packs. Then it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.