installation failure - error 23505

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rick_it_2004, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick_it_2004

Hi Knowledgable Ones

I am installing 3cx v8 on a windows 78 machine. The installation goes okay, the wizard starts, but it fails on the "Create Configuration Database" with error 23505: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "dn_value_key". Any help solving this would be appreciated. Also, how do I restart the wizard without uninstalling and reinstalling?

Regards, Richard

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi Richard,

I imagine you are restoring from an old backup correct?

Somewhere in the backup there must be 2 or more extensions that are reflecting the same ID, you must manually search for this in the logs, you can access the wizard by going to the installation directory of 3CX and running it from there, but it will probably tell you that the wizard has already been run.

If you dont have any luck finding the troublesome extensions, PM me with a link to your backup file, and if i have a few minutes to spare I will run trough it and try and discover the problem for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rick_it_2004

No, this is a new installation. I did have 3CX installed a year back on a different computer that is still on the network, but I have uninstalled it from there. Are ther registry changes that might have been left?

4. rick_it_2004

Well, I found a backup of my old installation and ran that with the wizard and it all works okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.