Installation Help 3CX, and Polycom 331

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by addisontech, Jul 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. addisontech

I am trying to setup a simple 4 extension system. I haven't gotten to my PSTN lines and other options just yet. I am trying to provision a Polycom 331. I have the read the instructions, but they are referring to a dhcp console to set option 66. Is this referring to a feature in the 3cx software or a windows based feature. I am running windows 7, and I am not aware of a DHCP server in this version. What to do?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Some DHCP servers have the capability of sending additional information other than just the IP address to be assigned. The option 66 being referred to is an aide that could be used to tell the phone not only its IP but where to go for provisioning. It is a boot option, but it is not an absolute necessity. Windows 7 does not have a DHCP server role embedded in the OS, nor do most home or SOHO type routers that are usually employed in scenarios such as yours have boot options available with their embedded DHCP server.

Taka a look at the blog as you will find details on how to do just about anything with the system. As an example, follow this link:
    http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/polycom-soundpoint/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.