• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Installation of new version has error

Status
Not open for further replies.

tradesman

Reaction score
Hello,
i have a problem with installation of new version 3CX PhoneSystem 5.1. I downloading it, run it, and after check of the file, installer told me: The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2738.

But there are no problem with download. And older version from other FTP is ok. Has anybody the same problem?
Thanks and sorry for my English
tradesman

I followed the faq on this and ran the vbscript.dll file. When I installed, I got the same error. Any idea what I should try next? I can't make phone calls...likewise I can't receive phone calls (sometimes that's a good thing).

-BoB

mattlandis said:
Bob,
With the few phones you have using Windows XP as a server may make sense and eliminate some complexity.
If you have server 2008 you could run a Windows XPPRo as a vm and install 3cx inside.

We are running a heavily used system (15 phones) on xppro very successfully.
Just a thot.
matt

Actually, the server is installed and running well. The problem we were having is with installing the client. Sorry, I should have clarified that. I am working with Nicky Borg on the installation issue.

We are working through this slowly...I will probably speak with Wendell today and get an order in to you, so we can take it to the next step.

-BoB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.