Installing 3CS PBX on Windows Small Business Server 2003

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by garsnow, Mar 14, 2007.

1. garsnow

I successfully installed the 3CS PBX on a Windows XP computer to test the sytem and was sucessful.
    I am now trying to install the PBX on our main server which is a Windows Small Business Server 2003.
    When the install unpacks the information I am receiving an error message
    Port 5060: Socket Bind Failed: 10013
    You must have ports 5060,5480,5481,5482 free.

I have been able to confirm that the small business server does use 5060 for SIP communications but have been unable to find out how to change or modify so the PBX will load.

I also set-up a pinhole in the router to allow 5060 and get the same message.

Any ideas on how to get the PBX to load.

2. dekatech

Appears some other application is already using port 5060. You would need to find out what app it is and stop the service so 3cx can bind to the port.

Some IM programs use that port.
    Travis

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is weird

5060/tcp Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
    5060/udp Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
    5061/tcp Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) over Transport Layer Security (TLS)

The above are the official SIP ports, and they should not be used by other than SIP apps. Perhaps you have a soft phone running or something like that or even a virus scanner can upset that.

Socket Bind Failed: 10013 is an error from our good "friends" at MS. During listen for client connections an error is returned indicating that access is denied. This error only occurs on Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

3CX attempts to bind to a local address and port number that is already flagged for exclusive access, perhaps you have a webpage that you gave the port 5060. Try to type http://your2k3boxip:5060 see what happens.

Note that this error can also occur using the SocketWrench control if you attempt to send a UDP datagram using a broadcast address without setting the Broadcast property to True.

I installed 3cx on SBS 2K3 without any problems (new install, upgrade and even new install and than copy the old structure over the new) no problem with either. There is an issue when you use AD, if you install as ADMIN and re-install AD you have to re-install 3cx. Not a biggy, it is mainly access rights.

But it should work well (very well actually) on 2K3.

4. npiersma

Is it possible you;'ve got ISA server up and running? Probably ISA 2000? If I am correct that does have some h.323 config stuff in there that might be your party killer.

Niels