Installing 3CX behind the ADSL Router

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by SMX, Jul 20, 2007.

1. SMX

SMX

Dear Kevin and other 3CX forum members,

I've installed the 3CX Free edition on Windows XP Pro, in the internal area I'm using private IP block (192.168.0.36), behind the ADSL broadband router. I can use perfectly this installed IP PBX with Softphone.
    But after trying to registering from outer site using WiFi hotspot connection I cannot reach the 3CX server (I've use dyndns on the broadband router, disabled the windows firewall and already open the UDP port required by the 3CX, also put the 3CX Server in the DMZ of my Draytek Vigor 2600VG broadband router). Please help me to solving the registration problem with this condition.
    Btw, I can accessing the 3CX console from the WiFi hotspot and other outside area.
    FYI, example in the softphone proxy server i'm fill with xxx.dyndns.org:5060, also use stun xxx.dyndns.org:5060 and other user id and password as i'm configuring in the 3cx system.

Thank you for your help and attention.

2. landfiets

landfiets New Member

port forwarding

Hi

It could be that in your anonymous domain name something is blocked. Take a look at the Dyndns site.

The other thing is that you could try leave out the 5060 in the proxy/registrar string, because that should be the normal default port to use for this.
    Sometimes this is not necessary to fillout.

In the extension did you fill out the external box? Bind with mediaserver?
    Try all these too

Edwin

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok let me get this straight.

our ADSL router is the edge of your network. This box will do NAT and translates your public IP to your Private IP.

When you use WiFi, it can be use two ways

1. connect to your internal network using the private IP.
    2. connect to your internal network using a public IP.

Scenario 1:
    All devices must be in the private IP range, and it will work no firewals or NAT reguired.

Scenario 2:
    Your WiFi will hop on the internet using an "foreign AP" this in terms talks to your router which in turns translates this to your private IP.
    In this scenario you need to open the firewall ports (if any)
    Introduce STUN
    Map device as external

And pray on your bare knees that it works :).

4. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Hi SMX,

If "xxx.dyndns.org" is your 3CX PBX. Your stun server pointer will be wrong. Since 3CX PBX no stun server function. And the stun port should be 3478. Try other valid public stun server. eg stun.3cx.com, stun.voipcheap.com and etc .....

5. SMX

SMX

Re: Installing 3CX behin the ADSL Router

Thank you Guys, for your reply and Now, I'm succed to operate 3CX Server behind the ADSL Router. I'm change to use Dynamic DNS service from http://www.no-ip.com, change to bind to media server, select extension is external, use stun.3cx.com and use another SIP USD port other than 5060.
    Again thank you for all of your solution :lol:

6. SMX

SMX

Today, I have the same problem as before when my adsl router got new IP address from Internet provider connection from outside also disrupted again. Do this port number blocked by our ISP? Thank you.

7. Data City

Hi SMX,

got a very similar problem. I have 2 Drayteks (a 2600VG and a 2800VG) the 2600 is configured to run an extension (say extension number 111) from FXS2.
    Sip port 5060
    domain= sip.datacitycomputers.com
    proxy=sip.datacitycomputers.com
    outbound proxy= (blank)
    correct account name / auth ID and password.

On the 2800 network (where my 3cx server is) I have opened up ports 5060 to 5500, 9000 to 9003, 7000 to 7500 and they all point to my 3cx server but i have never (like you have :) ) been able to get the phone on the 2600 (draytek) to register with my server. I have tried putting the server in a DMZ (for around 10 minutes max due to the obvious threat from hacking etc etc), telling the 3cx server that 111 is external / bind to media etc but nothing.

But...
    When I create a VPN Lan to Lan tunnel between the two networks it works without any hassle (I have made a entry in the DNS server on my internal network (2800 Draytek) to point locally to the 3cx server). Which in some cases will be sufficient but I still need to have external extensions working from outside the LAN (instead of using the "virtual lan with tunnel" as not every external network can be configured by little old me.. ;) ) so that customers can pick up their extension and go elsewhere with an internet connection and continue to work as normal.

As this works then its tunneled I think its 1 of the drayteks not playing ball. Even when the 2800 has a DMZ there is still no fun here... :'(

So SMX how did you get the extension to be working from outside? can you send me or post screen shots of your firewall config / draytek sip settings as this would be a nice chunk of facilities I know that the 3cx can be used for, more brains are better than 1 :) hehe

8. Cjay

Cjay New Member

Hi Data City,
    I have Draytek 2900VG and have done pretty much what you are trying to do without major problem (well strictly it was a Netgear - Draytek connection). Poor audio quality was my biggest bugbear, but that was more due to the ADSL on the Netgear end being hammered (household full of students!!)

There's lots of things that could be at fault, but one thing I find enormously helpful is to do some packet sniffing with Ethereal on the PC used to run 3cx. If you set the capture filter to port 5060 only then you can grab the SIP messages and see exactly what is getting through and what is not.

I also found that on the 2900VG the FXS ports can be pointed to a server on either the LAN or the WAN side (so you can use the port as an analogue extension off a local 3cx PBX or as a remote extension to VoIP provider or remote 3cx). Best to use another port (not 5060) for this or you have a conflict between internal and external VoIP. However my eventual conclusion was that the FXS ports are best disabled if you want to use any other VoIP devices reliably!

HTH,
    Cjay.