Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Installing 3CX on 2008 R2 with DNS Role

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Michael Menor, Mar 10, 2017.

?

Do you have either the DNS or DHCP roles installed on your Microsoft Server that also hosts 3CX PBX?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I don't know..

4. I <3 Linux

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Menor

Is see that it's not recommended that "3CX Phone System must not be installed on a host which is a DNS or DHCP server, has MS SharePoint or Exchange services installed." https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/installation-windows/

Why is this, exactly?

Has anyone ran into issues with the DNS and DHCP roles causing issues with 3CX?

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

In earlier versions -- 11, 12 it was possible and almost recommended to use the Windows server for DHCP for IP phones. Not clear why policy changed now (with versions 14, 15) ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

I use DHCP to provision the phones with Option 66 on all my 3CX servers without issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.