Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Installing 3CX on any other drive than C:

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by colin2710, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colin2710

Hi all,

I have able to install 3CX successfully on Drive C: on two of our servers (testing only), but I can't get it to install on any (tried 3 servers) on drive D: or drive E:. The error I get is database error: incorrect user name and password (or something similar) - we looked at permissions, but it still would not work - works fine if we install on drive: C: Can any one help?

For interest, we think that 3CX is just what we are looking for and if version 4 (does what it says on the tin) than we will be buying at least the "Professional Edition".

Well done all

Regards - Colin

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I've installed this on D: several times without any issues on Server 2003 & SBS2003.
    haven't tried on XP.
    Can you create folders and files with the account you are logging in with to install 3CX?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Windows XP works fine as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. colin2710

Hi Rob & Ricky,

All the servers I have installed it on have been Windows 2000 - fully service packed and logged on as an administrator.

Yes - I can create files and folders - our IT guy says that it must be something to do with the database wanting to be on C:. I am not so sure of that.

I just can't think of anything else.

Regards - Colin

5. ra81

installation log file

Can you send me install.log from the 3CX PhoneSystem program files please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.