Installing 3CX on Exchange 2007 Server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by PCITim, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCITim

I seems that it is possible to install 3CX on the exchange server, is this reconmended? What are the pros & cons. Our Exchange server is a very robust machine with very light e-mail traffic. (dual, quad-core zeon, 8GB ram, 450 GB 15k SCSI raid 5)

2. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

hello,

you can try it. it's can work but it's not advise, because exchange have need more performance.
    you can try to see if it's work, install 3cx on IIS.

don't forget, 3cx use more disk access, and it need good network (network card, switchs, and link connexion cat5e).

have good day

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ase

Ase

Hi PCITim,

If you can get it to work, please post info how you did it.
    I have put a lot of time to it, but not been able to get it to work.

//Ase

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Ase,

You know that 3CX PBX is ready to work even on the same host(server)...

Thanks for your further comments ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Ase

Ase

Hi Stepan,

This was the result when I discussed the issue eralier (ofcourse I can run it on a virtual server, but that is not what I am looking for):

No, the software can not be run on the same server. We will review the FAQ. Keep things easy and use the inbuilt voice mail server, its much more performant and setup is much easier.

Nick Galea
    http://www.3cx.com
    Read & comment on 3CX Phone System news on the 3CX blog

You can find the hole thread here: http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cx-exchange-2007-unified-messaging-9213.html

6. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Ase,

You forgot to "quote" Nick's post :)
    Nick's answer is completely fair and correct. The products will not work on the same server and FAQ provided for our product should specify it...
    Microsoft provides technical support and you may ask them why it is not possible and/or not advisable(most probably) for Microsoft Exchange Server.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.