• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Installing 3CX System On Hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwaysoncall

Reaction score
Is it possible to install the phone system on a removable hard drive? I don't mean a usb thumb drive. My internal hard drive in my Vista machine is not very big. I have a 150 Gig Maxtor external HDD which does not get removed. Can the system be installed here?

I dont see why you couldn't, just select that drive during the install process. USB is plenty fast enough so it shouldnt be a bottleneck for audio.

It can be installed on it but 3CX can only be used on that specific machine.

Even if you tried moving it to another machine it wouldnt work. But if it's just to save up some space, YES you can install it on your External Drive.
But you might have problems when you remove it ( Services needing restarts / etc )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.