Installing 5.1 on Vista Business

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by magoo75, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magoo75

I tried to install the 3CX Phone System free edition but 1/2 way through the installation i got the following error "There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program required for this install could not be run. Contact your support personnel of package vendor" I am running Vista Business. Is there a compatibility problem with Vista Business or does it only work on Vista Pro? Is there a fix to get it to run on Vista Business?

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Re: Problems Installing 5.1

You need admin rights and also turning off the User Access Control (Control Panel, User Accounts, uncheck UAC setting). That should do it. Works fine on Vista Business.

Last thing you need to check is the firewall. Unless you turn it off you will have to go into the Advanced Firewall settings and add the ports you want open - 5060, (5090 for tunnel), 7000-7100 internal calls, 9000-9100 voip providor calls. They are all listed in the manual.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. savagekoalauk

I'm getting the same error on Vista Home Basic. I've turned off Windows Firewall and no other firewalls running. Also there is no option on the context menu for 3CXPhoneSystem51.msi to run as Administrator. This is weird cos there normally would be an option. Unless "Run as Administrator" only appear for .exe files...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.