Installing an ATA ** FIX PROVIDED

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bduke08021, Jul 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bduke08021

i am looking at the Linksys SPA-3102 for analog ext on my 3cx system. Where do i set it up in the IP PBX, under "Add Ext." or PSTN Devices. Looks like if i set it up under PSTN, it becomes a gateway for incoming calls, under add ext, the template doesn't show up in the drop down, just Linksys.

2. carolinainnovative

Re: Installing an ATA

You would set it up under phone extensions. There is not currently a template for that ATA. You'll have to do it manually.

3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi - As salter mentioned, we do not provision ATA part of the device. Just the Gateway section.

To configure the ATA section follow this (without the fax part)
    http: //www.3cx.com/sip-phones/linksys-spa-3102-fax/ No longer available. New link: http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

And all you need to do is go to the ATA section, enable the line and perform changes described in point 4 only.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bduke08021

ok so the ata accepts incoming calls, but i can not dial out to internal or external calls. Message "Called Number Does not Exist."

5. bduke08021

Since my last post, i found that the ata is only sending the first digit i dial to the 3cx. can not see why.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It may have something to do with the dialplan in the Linksys, if in fact you are certain that only one digit is being passed to 3CX. The 3CX logs will confirm this. Make sure that the dialplan matches what is recommended for use with 3CX on a Linksys ATA.

The 3102 will work as both a Gateway and ATA, at the same time, as long as it is set up properly. As many have found, it can be a frustrating experience as there are a LOT of options. You may want to post the Line settings from your device.

7. bduke08021

it was the dial plan, the 3cx setup guide had me change it, i changed it back to default and now it works fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.