Installing to WES7 ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pheitkemper, Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pheitkemper

I am trying to install 3CX to Windows Embedded Standard 7. I am able to install using Abyss web server. However, I would like to install to IIS, but it errors out. I get a pop-up message saying "There was an error during the IIS configuration process. Your original IIS configuration will be restored."

When I look at the install log, I see the above text. Below that I see that I get error 1603.

The box has IIS 7 and .NET 4 installed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
    Paul

2. nbailey

nbailey Member

Hi Paul,

Your best bet is to stick with a supported OS. http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/supported-windows-versions/
    I don't know much about Windows Embedded Standard 7, but from what I understand I don't think it would be
    a viable server to install 3CX onto as it is used for POS terminals.

Thanks,

Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pheitkemper

4. nbailey

nbailey Member

yeah hardware wise np for sure. I think you will find support for this OS hard to find, I meet and speak with a lot of folks and this is a first for this OS for me. Good luck though, but really I would go with at best Windows 7 Ultimate imo.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.