• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Installing v12 RC1 on Server 2008 x86 SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CentrexJ

Titanium Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
The manual for v12 says that Server 2008 is supported, however I just tried installing on Server 2008 x86 SP2 Standard and it says that Server 2008 x86 is not supported and aborted my installation (see attached).

If that is the case you might want to update the documentation to say just the x64 version of Server 2008 is supported so people don't make the same mistake.

From the v12 manual:

Windows 7(Pro or Ultimate), Windows 8, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 and
Windows Server 2012

I don't see anything above saying x64 versions of any of these are required (I am aware that Server 2008 R2 and Server 2012 come in x64 only).

Attachments

• version.jpg
    version.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 534
Hi lifeline, thank you for your feedback and yes for Windows Server 8 a x64 edition is required. This has now been added to the manual in the requirements section to make it more clear and you should see it in future manual revisions. Please let me know if you have any further inquiries or any observations.

Best Regards

Will there be a x86 version for Windows Server 2008 R2?

Greetings Markus

Markus said:
Will there be a x86 version for Windows Server 2008 R2?

Greetings Markus

Microsoft discontinued the x86 version of server. The last version of windows server to have an x86 option was Server 2008. Server 2008R2 and up are x64 only and since it's been a few years since MS made that decision I don't think we will ever see an x86 version of newer Windows Servers. I think they made the correct decision since the x86 Standard servers could only address up to 4GB of ram which isn't a lot these days. The performance gains of the x64 editions justify making it mandatory. They run x86 software just fine within the x64 OS.

I am perfectly OK with 3CX v12 not supporting Server 2008 x86. My only concern was documentation because I tried to upgrade my server which was running this flavour of windows. Now that I know I will plan up upgrade to v12RC1 around that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.