• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

INSTRUCTIONS TO TRANSFER CALLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

adriaan

Reaction score
Can somebody please help with clear instructions on how to transfer an incoming call (answered on the handset connected to the SPA3102) to another phone (eg a softphone on a PC)?

I tried to search the forum but cannot get any clear help on how to do this.

Any help will really be appreciated.

Thks

Is the handset (FXS port) set up as an extension off of 3CX or is it answering a call coming in on the 3102's FXO port?

The FXS port is setup as an extension

The common way to transfer on an analogue extension on the FXS port is to do a hook flash, get dialtone and then dial the extension you wish to transfer to. You should be able to hang up once you hear it ringing (blind transfer) or wait until they answer, announce the call then hang up. Of course this may not work if certain settings have been changed from the default in the ATA.

Thks for the help. I am relatively new (and stupid?) to the world of PBX and do not know what exactly a "hook flash" means. Can you perhaps explain how I do this?

Hook flash is to manually press & release the switch on the phone that operates when you put the handset back on the cradle.
If you press and hold the switch down for too long the call will be diconnected, but a short press & release will give dial tone without disconnecting the caller.
Some phones have a recall button which gives the same effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramishvohrw
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.