Integrate ConnecWise CRM with 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Nicky Borg, Apr 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickybrg

nickybrg Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pswarowski

Is this set correctly? I have our own FQDN set but it pops up staging.connectwisedev.com as the FQDN in my browser. Is this by design or am I missing something?

3. infinity5

Not sure what I am missing but I cannot get this to pop the ConnectWise .NET client or a browser. I've followed all the instructions but no joy, any suggestions?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pswarowski

I have it working by changing values in MySession.cs from the hardcoded FQDN to ours and replacing the first directory with v4_6_release and now it will work for us.

5. infinity5

Could you tell me where that is?

6. pswarowski

C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\DotNetScripts\connectwise

7. infinity5

8. pswarowski

I choose My Account Authorization type
    I also had to create a developer account in order to create the cw-app-id. (the link was in the instructions that 3cx put on the blog)
    I also had to create a new API key within the connectwise client.

EDIT:
    My guess is that you have an issue somewhere in here if you're not even getting a browser window to pop open.

9. nickybrg

nickybrg Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Guys
    We made a quick update.
    Basically Connectwise have a staging server to be used by 3rd party integrations. There was a bug and for testing purposes we hardcoded the URL. Now it is fixed.

You can update the plugin and try again.
    The authentication method you should use is "My Account".

We are monitoring this post. Keep us informed.

10. infinity5

Hi Nicky,

Downloaded the recent version but I still cannot get ConnectWise to display the caller information, I've tried with the ConnectWise .NET application, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome browser. The call comes in and my desk phone rings and the call shows in the 3CX client.

Could you clarify, the API Private and Public keys, do they need to be generated per user as usually with integrations in ConnectWise you create one new API member and generate the keys. Also should the ConnectWise URL have the https:// part or will it work without. Are any elements of the configuration Case Sensitive?

I really want this to work, it will help our team massively.

Thanks
    David

11. houston1

12. nickybrg

nickybrg Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@DAVID - everything is working now.
    @houston1 - Well done - we updated the online guide and your URL is correct
    https://api-na.myconnectwise.net/v2017_3
    Now did you create the api keys and cookie?
    Can you follow the guide one more time? https://www.3cx.com/docs/connectwise-crm-pbx-integration/ (it received some updates today and Im not sure you did all your steps with the final doc) Just check again and give it a shot.
    Go to the management console and update the plugin (We made 1 update today - ensure you have that).

13. pswarowski

I updated to 901 and now it worked once and no longer works after that. I have already restarted workstation. It does not even pop a new tab in chrome at this time. Should I create a ticket with support or what?

14. priority

Hi, we have connectwise on premise, does the addin work with on premise ?

15. nickybrg

nickybrg Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

16. nickybrg

nickybrg Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Also check cookie browser cache.. This can also stop the popup from showing or it shows and displays nothing.. Clear browser cache and start from scratch. We had some teething issues with the API Staging servers but now the latest update solves them all. It has to work out of the box.

17. ctni

I have this working with our premise ConnectWise server but if I have not logged into ConnectWise previously (that day) with the browser, the pop-up brings up the ConnectWise login first. After logging in once, it will then pop-up calls correctly after that. Is that how it's supposed to operate or should it be popping up the contact details without a previous browser client login? I assumed it would since it has the users credentials saved.

I have followed all the setup steps and cleared cookies and browser cache.

18. nickybrg

nickybrg Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You will need to login one time yes.

19. ctni

The Chrome ClickToCall extension (v9.13) does not seem to recognize phone numbers when on ConnectWise contacts or companies. It's not providing a link to click on. I have confirmed the URL is not entered into the exceptions list and the extension is working on other pages. Has anyone confirmed the extension is working on ConnectWise 2017.3 web client?

20. nickybrg

nickybrg Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We will check and get back to you. We tried it before release and it worked - with all the supported CRM solutions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.