Integrate Skype with 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zakfleming, Sep 13, 2007.

1. zakfleming

I would like the ability to allow people to ring a skype name and it diverts it to the 3CX VOIP system, is the possible? If so how do I do it please?

Thanks

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

keywords are "SIP gateway skype"

Regards

3. zakfleming

Not useful, sorry

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Some threads on the forum describe success with integration. Is it not acceptable for you?

5. zakfleming

I can't find them :D

6. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

This software will do it. I am using it and works reasonably well. http://www.nch.com.au/skypetosip/index.html I will say though that even though they claim it is pre-setup in their competing PBX software, that is not true, it is a pain to configure in their software or 3CX. And 3CX wins over anything else available for free or comparable prices :) . I don't use Uplink & Skype much though since its a bit glitchy and there are comparably priced VoIP providers in the USA/Canada market that work directly in 3CX. I don't know what the market is like in the UK. Wanna buy it for half price? :lol:

7. zakfleming

Hi, thanks for that I am looking into a VOIP provider. What I want skype for is so people with skype accounts can ring us for free and it will take them to the digital reception, can you do this with this software?

8. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

In all honesty I keep meaning to test inbound on Skype but never got around to it. I don't even have the software installed at the moment. If you are not in a great hurry I will try to install and test sometime in the next week or two. Got way too much on my plate to get it done before then I am afraid. They do have a trial version that times out - if you like pain give it a spin :lol:

9. zakfleming

Yes if you will im not in a rush im trying out the software and im also using Asterix and Cisco call manager. I think 3CX gets my vote.