Integrating 3CX with our developed app - possibilities

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by andstopa, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andstopa

Hello all,

our firm is selling our home-brew application (a bit like CRM). It's running as a ASP .NET application on IIS.
    Recently one of our possible clients asked us for support of PBX.
    He pointed 3CX solution as a possibility.

The least we need is:
    1. To able to make a call to a given phone number for operator requesting it in our application (user opens client screen and clicks button 'call the client', a connection is made between client and such user's headset).
    2. Possibility of terminating same call on operators request (again, he clicks button in our application).
    3. Possibility of getting notification of incoming calls (we need to get info about which operator got a call {probably something like his softphone ID?} from which phone number of a client and show this operator client's information; client is matched by phone number).
    4. To be able to get information about connection duration for both inbound and outbound calls.

Less important features will be:
    1. Ability to record conversations.
    2. Ability to play recorded conversation (both long finished conversation and while conversation still goes on).

I have found that for our initial needs "CRM Plug In API" should be efficient, though I haven't found any information about terminating calls possibility.
    For recording and playing purposes we probably need "Call Control API" but maybe this can be done easier without using this API.
    If there is other, better solution, please let me know as I don't have any experience integrating with PBXs.

Thank you for any help,
    best regards,
    Andrzej

PS. I know that most of information I'm looking for can be found in 3CX pages but I seek for some confirmation from anyone who actually did such a thing and knows it works.

2. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

Dear Andrzej!

We done a 3CX integration just in a way you need.

We using our custom client component and server component for integration.

The client component was made as our custom CRM extension, that connects directly to CRM-specific API on the local PC.

The server component was made as 3CX API controller and installed on 3CX machine. It catch 3CX events and call data and send it to the client side. The client side send it to the CRM.

Also, a client component send requests to server component for 3CX methods, like call initiation, termination, recording, transfer and so on.

The advantage of this approach is that you not depend on 3CX MyPhone (Assistant) CRM integration software, that changing frequently. Generally, you have not to use Myphone or Assistant at all with this approach.

Only you need is to distribute you client component among users, that require CRM - 3CX integration.

If you interesting in our experience, you can contact me via private message, and we can help you with your project.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.