Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Integration with Asterisk

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bundzmm, Sep 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bundzmm

Hello. I have a problem with trunking Asterisk-3CX. We downloaded and installed "3CX PBX Edition" for testing this system in our infrastructure. Then we created outgoing trunk with our Asterisk. Everything ok, calls going from 3CX client to my Grandstream IP-phone succesfly. But! On my IP-phone I see trunk number (not 3CX user number) in incoming calls. That's why I can't call back to 3CX user. Which parameters configured wrong? I tried change "From : Display Name" and "From : User Part" but I had no good results.

2. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @bundzmm

In order to do that you'll have to configure 3CX-Asterisk bridge as explained in the guide. This configuration is the only one supported by 3CX in order for everything to function correctly. At the moment you see the trunk number because the call is routed through your provider and not though a bridge,that is why you see the main trunk number and non of the callers information.

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.