integration with Nortel 81C PBX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After through testing, I personally think this is a very good product. I need to understand how 3CX PBX can be integrated with our existing Nortel 81C PBX. It will help me create a business case for taking this product into UAT phase.
    All inputs are welcome!

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Integration

Hi,

Thank you very much for your nice feedback!

Is this nortel PBX a traditional hardware PBX based on phone wiring? In what way would you like to integrate 3CX? I am not sure if its possible and what the point would be. If you want to re use your old phones then you would have to use ATA adapters. However it would be better to replace them with SIP phones quite frankly.....

If you just want to allow your Nortel users to make calls via a VOIP provider then you could do this via a FXS gateway.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes indeed.. it is a traditional analog/digital PBX. The point of intigration is: i work for a non IT company(sensitive to IT changes), will operations in 100+ countries with atleast 5000 extentions in each office, all using the Nortel PBX.. for suggesting a change here i would need atleast 35 more promotions! :cry:
    Moreover it would be a smart move to first start with integration then slowly start reducing the analog extentions as the SIP extensions increase. ;)
    By integration I mean the end SIP phone user should be able to seamlessly dial to or receive calls from our Nortel phones.
    I know that the Nortel PBX supports SIP, so i guess i will have to get in touch with the vendor here. If i find some useful information, i will post it here for other users. :D

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Assuming that 3CX supports T-1/PRI then you could use that interface for integration.

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Integration with nortel

Hi,

3CX can not integrate with Nortel. Unless of course Nortel has a SIP interface and works with SIP but from what you are saying it does not appear so. You would have to replace phone systems in the offices one by one. It would be a slow process but it would be the only way.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi
    I just discovered 3CX PABX. Didn't even tried it.

I've been working with Nortel for the last 10, 12 years. I understood from your posting you are tring to replace a 81C with 3CX????????

You can get SIP support on almost any Nortel just adding a Signaling Server. You will also need one or more Media Gateway cards to interface the IP phones with the analog / digital world.

This is not to expensive, compared with price of an 81C with 5000 extensions. And I'm sure Nortel will have a very good price for a company the size of yours.

And by the way.... if you add IP trunking, you could talk betteween all of you offices, extension to extension :D