Integration, Zendesk creates ticket when calling extensions

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by jose llama, Apr 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jose llama

This one is for someone with very good experience on Integration, not an easy fix, as I tried several things with no results.

First, Zendesk integrated correctly with 3CX on my environment.

But, the integration is showing a strange behavior with journaling.

The issue that I have is that:
    When I use a 3CX client (sotfphone) with the integration active, and I call extension 501,something strange occurs.
    Zendesk creates a new ticket. In this new ticket Zendesk show the caller as somebody else who phone number ends on 501 (703-256-0501).

The ticket in Zendesk show the following details:
    New ticket from Charlie Doe (with phone 703-256-0501)
    4/4/2017 3:24:33 PM: Outbound call to number 501, test1 (1 minutes)

My setting on \3CX client\Settings\Advanced Settings\Integration\General are:
    -Checked "Only Show CRM contact details when caller ID length is larger than" = 3
    -Checked "Enable Journaling"
    -Maximum digit length to compare" = 10

It looks like the integration compares extension 501 with all phone numbers on zendesk, but it only compares the last 3 digits. It is happens to have a zendesk user with a phone number with the same last 3 digits as any internal extension, then a ticker in zendesk is created when journalism is active.

I tried everything, but I identified the issue to be on the integration match of caller ID with zendesk phones table. it does truncate the match to the smaller number.

Thank you in advance for any help :)

2. jose llama

The problem this causes is that the user (client) with phone 703-256-0501 get notified by email every time i call extension 501. The user(client) got upset because of receiving many unsolicited emails.
    Changing the extension from 501 to something else is not a solution, since the issue will eventually happen with other extension

3. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @jose llama,

I understand what you say, and that seems to be a bug. I'm reporting this internally so we get a fix asap.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jose llama

I am impress, you guys answer my help request quickly.
    Thank you for the prompt response.
    If it is possible, let me how to check when a fix is available

5. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

It will be included in the next release of the 3CX client, that is with Service Pack 6.

Meanwhile, you might want to disable journaling so you don't bother your customer.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.