• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Inter-Tel 5000 integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike.petersen

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get any sort of integration with an Inter-Tel 5000 (now Mitel) system? My boss would like to use our current Inter-Tel system and use the 3cx system for Conferencing.

First off, any time you try to patch together a couple of systems to achieve an added function, it's not going to work as well, if at all, as migrating completely over. I don't think 3Cx was really designed to be an add on to another PBX.
That said, you should be able to add incoming VoIP trunks to 3CX from outgoing VoIP lines from the current board. And in reverse you could also add incoming VoIP trunks to the 5000 from outgoing lines built in 3CX. By building incoming and outgoing routing plans in the 3CX you might be able to get something working, perhaps not well, but...

If 3CX offers features that your current system lacks and you currently use SIP sets( one of the big expenses), i would look at putting together a 3CX system and then, after some testing, move the whole office over to it.

As Leejor said, it would be best to move entirely to 3CX. If you want to keep using your old phone system then you best buy the conferencing module for that phone system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.