• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Inter tenant communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

cygnet

Reaction score
Hello

I would like to know whether it will still be possible for extensions in different tenant installations to communicate without having to go via PSTN?

I have a setup where there are multiple sub companies. They have separate accounting but they form part of a bigger company. So their is a need for them to talk between each other.

How would this work with the multi-tenant setup?

many thanks.

Az

Two ways, either you install at system at each individual location and bridge them together and they act as if they are one system allowing extension dialing between locations. Or have all locations working off of one server and putting a handset at each location also enabling extension dialing between locatons without the calls ever hitting the pstn.

You would create a Bridge between each installation.

Hello
I want to be a bit more accurate on the situation. All the companies are in one building and there is one server that is going to host all the companies phones in 3CX multi-tenant setup (just released).

So when you say:

KerryG said:
You would create a Bridge between each installation.

...do you mean each 'Tenant' installation? But the are on the same server and its only one 3CX system! What do you bridge with what?

cheers

Az

In a multi-tenant setup, what you have is up to 10 completely separate 3CX installations on one server. Very much like having a server with virtual hosts for each installation. Because each of these is complete separate installations, there is no "built-in" communication between them so you would enable that communication the same way you would if each installation was in a different city, by using the 3CX Bridge function.

Many thanks for the reply. I had the impression it was going to be interlinked by default. At least we have the bridge!

cheers!

Az

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
artioslab
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.