interact with the database

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by FrankMr, Oct 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrankMr

Hello experts,
    i'm a new in 3cx and i have three question:
    • can i make a linked server between 3cx db and microsoft sql?
    • can i move the old data from local 3cx CDR in a remote sql?
    • anyone know the credentials to access to the 3cx db?

Thanks

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @FrankMr,

Connecting to the 3CX database is an unsupported procedure, we strongly discourage it as you might cause serious issues to the PBX behavior if you don't proceed with caution. Because of this we don't provide any information related to the internal database structure or procedures to connect to it.

If you need to access the 3CX configuration, you should use the 3CX Call Control API, which is the supported procedure.

Regarding CDRs, 3CX outputs them in different formats depending on your configuration. You can configure 3CX to write them to files, or send them to a local or remote server via TCP socket. Then you can take this information from the files or socket and import it to your remote SQL Server using some script, no problem with that.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FrankMr

Hello Ernesto,
    thanks for your answer, but i have a question:
    with my old PBX I've done an IVR where i get the latest internal number that called a customer, so if the customer didn't answer to the phone and call back to my company, the IPBX forward the call to the latest internal that have done the latest call to the customer, how can i get the same result with 3CX?

Regards

4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @FrankMr,

To do that you need to create a CFD app, and also you need to process the CDRs from 3CX. For example, a possible solution could be:
    1) You configure 3CX to output CDRs to file.
    2) You run a script to import the calls from these files into a database, for example a remote SQL Server.
    3) You create a Call Flow Designer app to process inbound calls. In this app, you need to query the database, get the extension from the user that called this customer, and then transfer the call to this extension. If you don't find the record, you can transfer the call to a generic extension, or queue.
    4) You configure 3CX to route inbound calls to the CFD app created in 3.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. FrankMr

Thank you very much Ernesto, but if i've the free version, how can I make and test the IVR?
    Because before to buy 3CX i would like test to every features.

regards

6. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

CFD apps only work with a PRO/ENT key activated in 3CX. There is no way to test the app in the free edition.
    Kind regards.

7. FrankMr

Thanks

regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.