Intercom and sip forking?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by brightside, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brightside

Hello all!
    I have a system(v10, sp3) with a cisco spa509 and 525 registered to the same extension. Everything works perfectly in this forked scenario with the exception of the intercom function. If you try to reach this extension using the intercom feature it opens the intercom on the Spa525 and leaves the 509 idle. Any ideas on how to open up two way audio at both stations simultaneously? or as a second option have the 509 receive the intercom calls and not the 525? The 509 was auto-provisioned and the 525 added manually and it doesn't seem to matter which phone last registered with the pbx. If the 525 is registered then it receives the intercom calls. Not a critical issue for sure, but a fun problem nonetheless. Any thing I may have missed? Any ideas?

2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi,
    It is much more complex to run three parties in an intercom call as actually it would need some sort of conferencing bridge. Therefore, only one phone can take on the intercom function when answering calls.

Regards
    Richard

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I would really try to avoid sip forking if at all possible. This is just one of the reasons. For the most part it works fine for calls, but there are hidden little issues like this that can get frustrating. This is also why we recommend overhead paging devices instead of paging to desk phones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. brightside

Thanks Richard and Kerry
    That's about what I expected to hear, so I wont waste anymore time on this issue. In this situation we will keep it forked and simply deal with the limitations. Thank you both for your input!

5. joshbw

What is the ideal way to ring two phones without 2 extensions and without using ring groups? I have a couple scenarios I could implement this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.