• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Intercom/Autoanswer w/ 3CX 12.5 SP2 + Polycom IP335

Status
Not open for further replies.

mteague

Reaction score
I'm trying to get paging/intercom requests to autoanswer on Polycom SoundPoint IP335s. I'm still running 3CX v12.5 SP2. IP335s have been updated to latest bootrom and UC software.
Seems like the ability to have internal paging requests autoanswer w/ the speakerphone hinges on being able to read the alert-info tag in the SIP header. 3CX doesn't seem to be sending this information, though.
Has anyone else been able to get this to work?
I've tried many of the solutions posted to this forum and Polycom's w/ no success. Phones just ring when paged.

Thanks,
Michael

Is there any way to force 3CX to send alert-info in the SIP invite between internal calls?

We have this working with polycom phones.. Maybe this 335 as a problem?
Check the rights also .. it could be that the rights do not allow you to page. .. Check extension rights.
Test like this *9+EXT NUM of polycom..
Check firmware
check polycom forums..
On mine it works and uses alert info with options and in options you have |"Auto answer after 0 seconds" Which means auto answer immediately.

nickybrg said:
We have this working with polycom phones.. Maybe this 335 as a problem?
It may be the 335. Which Polycom models are you using?
nickybrg said:
Check the rights also .. it could be that the rights do not allow you to page. .. Check extension rights.
Test like this *9+EXT NUM of polycom..
Check firmware
My extension is allowed to intercom, but any extension I page rings instead of auto-answers. It's the same behavior whether I single out an extension w/ *9 or dial a 3CX-configured paging group.
Firmware on my phone and the one I'm trying to test page are both updated to the latest version.
nickybrg said:
check polycom forums..
On mine it works and uses alert info with options and in options you have |"Auto answer after 0 seconds" Which means auto answer immediately.
I've spent a huge amount of time digging through Polycom's forums and documentation. All the solutions on the Polycom forums use alert-info, which is not being sent by 3CX between internal calls on my system.
If all the phones were on the same subnet (or I had a switch that supported multicast routing), this wouldn't be an issue and I could bypass 3CX and directly configure all the phones for paging using the built-in settings. I'm trying to get it to work w/ 3CX before buying new hardware, though.

nickybrg, could you tell me which model Polycom phones you are using?

Hi mteague,

This is fixed in 3CX Phone System V14.
Please upgrade your system and you will have it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gburcham
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.