• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Intercom between extension groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snomon

Reaction score
I read in another post that intercom between extensions can only happen if they are in the same group. Is there anyway to traverse paging or intercom between groups without having said extension appearing in both groups? The only way I can intercom between groups is to check the boxes under the groups area under the "Rights" tab under extension... This however puts this extension in the presence for all said checked groups.

For instance I like having a separate group for "Main Office" vs "Remote Office" so it sorts nicely on presence, but then you can't intercom between main <> remote office unless they are in one happy group.

What happens now is that if you *9xxx" to the other group, the phone behaves like a normal in house call and not in intercom / paging mode.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TECHXNEPAL
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.