• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

intercom feature stopped working...

Status
Not open for further replies.

asinshesq

Customer
Reaction score
Hi, I'm runing 3cx v 12.5 with 5 yealink phones. Until this morning all my phones could intercom each other. This morning, I found that when I dial for intercom (*9xy where xy is the extension number) the phone indicates that it is dialing *9xy but the called extension treats it as a regular call and just starts ringing as though I had simply dialed xy.

The only thing that has changed since intercom last worked is that i tried to install 3cx windows soft phone on my 3cx laptop last night (I ended up deleting it). Could that have triggered some change?

I have already confirmed the following:

- When I go to extensions in the 3cx console and open the various extensions and open the 'rights' tab, each extension still says it is allowed to intercom

- When I go to advanced in the 3cx console and open the dial codes tab, it correctly shows paging as *9

- When I go to the web config page for each of the phones they say "accept intercom" is enabled.

Any ideas?

Sorry for the post, but I've got it fixed now. I checked system extension status and noticed that there were a bunch of red rather than green icons. I restarted 3cx services and now everything is working. Not sure what happened there but it's all working now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristianNetron
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.