Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Intercom Intergration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jameswalmsley, Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jameswalmsley

Hi,

I am trying to integrate 3CX with an intercom system. When the doorbell rings, the user can dial #430 on the house phone to connect to the intercom system and speak with the visitor.

I want to use 3CX to forward this to a mobile phone number if the user is not out.

To do this I am using a linksys FXO gateway as recommended.

Can I get 3CX to dial the #430 number on the linksys line, and then connect this to a mobile with some sort of trigger?

If so how can I trigger 3CX easily, will I need to use the API?

Thanks,

James

2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi,
    To dial #430 you should be able to setup a dummy extension, set forwarding on available tab to #430. I am not sure if 3CX will dial the number this way with the # in front. You will need to try it.

I'm sorry - when would you need to forward to a mobile and under what circumstance?

Kind regards
    Richard Crabb

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.