Intercom over bridge connection

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Cory Jones, Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cory Jones

We have an installation with one 3CX Pro Licence connected via bridge connection to a remote 3CX pro installation and we are unable to page extension over the bridge, ether individual or all extensions

2. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Cory Jones

In the thread title you are referring to Intercom and in the thread you are referring to page, so i guess you are interested to know about both.
    Unfortunately, Intercom/Paging are not possible over bridge as this has to do with rights. The extensions on the one side of the bridge are not members of he extensions on the other side of the bridge so as a result they do not have rights over the bridged extensions. For paging though, you can do the following workaround. You can create a Paging Group, add as an agent/s the extension/s you want to page and then call the Paging group number.

Thank you, i hope you find this helpful

3. Cory Jones

Hi Loannis Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the confusion. You have answered my question but it has created a bigger problem for me. The customer has requested to page every extension on both sites.

4. IoannisM_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello,

Every individual(one-by-one)? Or all together?

5. Cory Jones

6. IoannisM_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

To page someone individually you must use the Dial Code and the extensions number(e.g. *123001) but as i said before, you can not do this over bridge for the reasons i explained before. The only way to page an individual, is by creating a paging group, add the extension you want to be paged as the only agent and call the Paging group's number. Same thing applies for paging two or more extensions over bridge.

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.