intercom & park feature

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ikonectu, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ikonectu

I am trying to configure Grandstream 2124v2 with intercomm and park buttons. My client is migrating from a pure Key system environment and wants these features accessible via one button.
    I've tried assigning the MPK as custom speed dial with *9 for intercom and *0x for parking. I get error 404. If I dial them manually they work fine. I tried changing the access code in the dial plan and get the same error.
    I need to make this system live very very soon but absolutely must have this functionality.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

gary

2. kevin

kevin Member

@ikonectu

Since the free edition does NOT have Dial Codes functionality, I assume that you have a licensed 3CX Phone System. Please contact your reseller, who should be able to assist you, or alternatively you may open a support ticket if you have an active Support Package.

The "*9" function is intended to work by dialing *9307 (to intercom-call Ext.307), so assigning a custom speed dial with simply "*9" will not help.

The preferred configuration mechanism for extensions is to use provisioning, which will render this far easier, particularly for call parking, since the provisioning mechanism will deploy Shared Parking Orbits to the phones directly from the BLFs (these are the "SPx" parks). The *0x and *1x sequences are for "Legacy Parking", which is typically not indicated wish such phones, but typically used when working with phones which do NOT have BLFs or a Display (analog phones for example).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ikonectu

Thank you for the reply Kevin.
    Yes, I do have a licensed (SBE) system.
    So If I understand your response; there is no way to assign a intercom button that would allow the user to press and then enter the extension they are trying to reach?

Also, the Shared Park feature does not work with Grandstream 1450 sets due to lack of MPK's (They have 17 of these in the classrooms) so there is really now way for these features to work other than manually dialing codes?

They are going to be most unhappy.

4. kevin

kevin Member

@ikonectu

If the phone has no BLF keys, then the client's unhappiness will be originating from the choice of phone. The next step up in the Grandstream range would be the GXP-2100. It has, I believe, 7 BLF keys - not many, but possibly enough to satisfy the need.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Gary,
    I believe one other drawback of the Grandstreams related to shared parking is the need to do 'transfer + SP button' in order to place the call into the shared parking orbit.

I use Yealink phones and they work as expected (one button press to park/unpark).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.