Interconnecting 3CX with Freeswitch

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by samlouis55, Mar 29, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samlouis55

I am really new to 3CX and has limited knowledge in VOIP. We have a freeswitch in production connected to an E1 gateway that we want to interconnect to 3CX to allow intercommunication. I am unable to do it.
    - I tried to create a generic sip provider in 3CX using a sip extension created in freeswitch with no success.
    - I tried to setup a bridge using 3CX as master, put an username and password in a sip extension create in freeswitch with no success.
    - In my freeswitch, i tried to create a sip trunk using an sip extension created in 3CX with no success.
    I am stuck and if working will help me a lot to test it. What is the basic thing i can do to make it work. I should say that firewall check is not passed (in the forum, seems it should passed). Could someone point me in the right direction?

I am able to connect the 3CX with an online provider for usa calls and to connect it to my E1 gateway as sip. Unfortunately, my E1 can only register with the freeswitch ip, so to test pstn calls i have to unplug my freeswitch and connect the 3CX to the E1 (with same ip, sip username & password).
    I am wondering as it is easy for me to connect the 3CX to online provider and E1 gateway, is there a software or sip service i can use to be in the middle of the 3CX and freeswitch. in this case, the 3CX and freeswitch will use this as sip trunk. My E1 gateway should be able to do this but needs to be reset as acl permits only to connect to ip freeswitch (cannot use this option).

It is very frustrating. I need some help.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Don't use an extension in the Freeswitch, create a SIP trunk and register to the (master) Bridge trunk created in 3CX, as if 3CX were a provider.

https://www.3cx.com/docs/bridging-asterisk-pbx/

3. samlouis55

Thanks for your answer. The 3CX configuration is ok for me. I think I will need help setting up configuration in the freeswitch as it is new to me as well. It will be a big challenge if I can make it work.

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

I would not recommend this setup. I would either decide to move completely to 3CX and use another provider that supports 3CX - else just stick with freeswitch if its doing the job for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. samlouis55

The freeswitch is currently in production and we are testing the 3CX to replace it in one month or two maximum. But we want to allow intercommunication during the phase test.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You are not going to be able to do a great deal on 3Cx until you create the trunk groups you now have on the other PBX. You should be able to call, extension to extension, on each, but I'm not certain what that benefit would be.

Duplicate the extensions, ring groups and queues on the new 3CX install. Get a new temporary trunk group from your existing provider, or a new one, and use that for testing. If you make use of DIDs, after hours, you may be able to "move" (register) your existing SIP trunks on the 3CX install. When done, move it back to the other PBX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.