• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Interesting Park Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

i3

Bronze Partner
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
I have a client running v11 on a Windows 2008 x64 server. They connect their 3cx install to the PSTN using a Patton Gateway. They have found a particular issue when parking a call. Below is the scenario, is anyone else having this problem?

Call comes in, receptionist answers, then places the call on sp0 using a shared park key on her phone.

Reception then tries to reach an internal user, that user does not answer.

Reception then picks up the parked call and informs the caller that the employee is unavailable.

The caller requests to speak to another employee, receptionist attempts to park the call again on sp0 but rather than the call parking, the call gets disconnected.

Any thoughts?

Please provide what phone instrument you are using as it likely is not programmed properly. We do that scenario all the time on our Yealinks and it works fine.

We are using Yealink T26p phones which all have been auto provisioned via 3cx. All running firmware 6.70.0.141

Please check your transfer settings. We had some issue with that in the beginning.

Blind Transfer on Hook - DISABLE
Semi-Attended Transfer - DISABLE
Attended Transfer on Hook - ENABLE

We fighting this exact issue on the Yealink T46 phones. We have two BLF buttons configured for shared park (SP0 & SP1). If a user picks up a parked call, they cannot park that call again in the same shared slot they picked the call up from - it gets disconnected. They can however park the call in a different slot - so if they picked up a call from SP0, they can re-park the call on SP1.

I've updated my provisioning template per Craig's suggestion, reprovisioned phones, and verified the updated settings applied via the phones' web interface, but whenever we try to park a call back to the same shared slot it was picked up from, the call gets disconnected.

transfer.semi_attend_tran_enable = 0
transfer.blind_tran_on_hook_enable = 0
transfer.on_hook_trans_enable = 1

Confirmed this is a firmware issue for the T46G. Installed a beta firmware that resolved this issue.

Which firmware are you on now that works?

We have mostly t38 that I have not seen this issue.
But I do have some 46 and 28 as well.

layton said:
We fighting this exact issue on the Yealink T46 phones. We have two BLF buttons configured for shared park (SP0 & SP1). If a user picks up a parked call, they cannot park that call again in the same shared slot they picked the call up from - it gets disconnected. They can however park the call in a different slot - so if they picked up a call from SP0, they can re-park the call on SP1.

I've updated my provisioning template per Craig's suggestion, reprovisioned phones, and verified the updated settings applied via the phones' web interface, but whenever we try to park a call back to the same shared slot it was picked up from, the call gets disconnected.

@layton have you figured out a solution to this problem?? We have the same problem. I have tried using shared call park which will allow us to repark the same call to the same line. However it will not allow us to pick up the call with the headset off the hook! This is very hard for the front desk that almost always has the headset off the hook. Any help would be great!

craigreilly said:
Which firmware are you on now that works?

We have mostly t38 that I have not seen this issue.
But I do have some 46 and 28 as well.

Craigreilly
We have 10 T38 phones and I can not get any of them to allow the user to repark the same call on the same park location. if a user tries to repark, the call is immediately disconnected. I have version 12 serivce pack 6 is there a setting that I am missing???
Thanks

I recall it being a limitation that the park and vm keys do not work when off-hook on the T3x series.
You are best to stay on Shared Park and tell people to release the dial tone before hitting the button.

On the Phone -> Softkey Layout of the GUI - change Custom Softkey to Enabled.
This will add a CANCEL button to the dialing screen - allowing them to hit Cancel to release the dial tone.

(This may affect other softkeys as well... you will have to play a bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.