Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Intermittant bad quality line

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by simo923, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simo923

Hi Guys. My setup

3CX server, running on its own machine. 100Mbps Network, with other equipment on the network, file server, email server, upto 10 client machines. Billion ADSL Router acting as the gateway and access to the internet. I have VoipUnlimited SIP trunk setup. 5 AASTRA 480i Hardphones, and 5 SNOM M3 phones.

The call quality is generally average, not great compared to my ISDN lines, but i didnt expect that.

Every now and again though, generally 1-3 calls a day, the call will be either choppy (unable to make out the audio, either way, similar to losing reception on GSM), or there will be quite a bit of lag on the call.

This happens on internal calls and external calls. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

2. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

hello,

first your internet connexion is dedicated to Outbound call ?

second, test your adsl connexion. ( if it's stable line or not).

third do you have dedicated switch ? their is some computer ? server ? in the same switch ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Because it is both internal and external calls, I would think it is either congestion on your network or your 3CX server busy doing other tasks. If you could temporarily eliminate those, one at a time.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.