Intermittent audio issues with 3CX 15 Windows client and Plantronics W740 headset

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Rory, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rory

We are running 3CX v15 PRO. A couple of our windows client users are experiencing mic feed back to the headset so when they talk they can hear themselves. Exactly the same as if you put your mic into Listen to device mode.

This is only happening intermittently and to incoming calls.

I have heard the source audio from our ISDN gateway and also asked the user to record the conversation and the audio is perfect, no feedback or echo as they user calls it.

So this leads me to believe that the mic audio stream is being fed back to the earpiece of the headset.

We are running the latest 3CX Windows client with Plantronics Hub 3.9.0. and on Windows 7 Pro. Does anyone know why the mic audio stream is being fed back to the Plantronics earpiece?

Thanks in advance.

2. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Well you're describing sidetone which is normal, up to a certain level. I'd check the audio settings of the pc and bring down the mic gain somewhat (in the pc settings and / or 3cx settings) and most importantly direct on the headset if you can.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Rory

I have changed the gain and audio settings on both the Plantronics and on the 3CX client. As it is not on all calls I do believe the settings are correct for what we need in the office.

I have found also if we transfer the call from one call agent to another the feedback transfers to the other call agents headset. I have ask they to try and answer the transferred call via their deskphone to completely rule out the 3CX server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.