Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Intermittent One-Way Audio to external extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ryanswj, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryanswj

Hello everyone!

I have been trying to battle this issue for the better part of today, but it seems that I have had no success.

I have been getting intermittent one-way audio on my 3CX setup - some calls I make to remote/external extensions work with bidirectional audio, but some only give one-way audio (I can't hear the caller but the caller can hear me).

On the other hand, all inbound calls have bidirectional audio.

I have opened all necessary ports (3CX Firewall scan passes with flying colors), but this issue is still happening.

I tried disabling/enabling STUN - no go.

UserID and Password are all correct + 3CX shows that it has successfully registered with my VoIP server.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are we talking multiple remote extensions at one location, or one extension each, at multiple remote locations?

Has this been an on-going issue from day one, or did it just begin all of a sudden?

Have you tried toggling the PBX delivers Audio setting, for each of the remote extensions to see if that has any effect?

3. ryanswj

Hi leejor,

Thanks for your reply.

The extensions are all on the same network and in the same location physically.

This has been an on-going issue from day 1, with some calls having bidirectional audio and some having one-directional audio. I've tried toggling the setting but it has no effect.

An Asterisk server on my network works flawlessly though.

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I take your latest to mean that you have more than one extension at a remote location and however many extensions there are, they are all behind the same firewall/router. You did not mention the make of phone or remote router.

1. Did you follow the remote provisioning guides for your model of phone? The instructions can be found on the blog.
    2. Assuming you have a fixed public IP, I have had the most luck turning STUN off in 3CX and the phones.
    Ensuring that the router does not have any SIP ALG turned on.
    Set the remote phones, if more than one, such that are not all using port 5060. Start the first at 5060, the second at 5061, etc.

Some routers are simply better at handling the traffic when a discrete port is used for each.

5. cfive

cfive Member

Hi Ryan,

Is your 3CX version current (latest)? Are the remotes using the tunnel proxy? I had this battle (your exact subject line) about a year ago, and it turned out to be a bug with the 3CX tunnel proxy that was fixed by patch and then permanently in subsequent release.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.