Intermittent outgoing calls 403 forbidden

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Roy Pateman, Nov 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roy Pateman

We occasionally get this error and cannot ring out:

SIP Server/Call Manager ID: 12294
    Call or Registration to ************@(Ln.10001@**** SIP TRUNK) has failed. ***.***.***.*** replied: 403 Forbidden; from IP:***.***.***.***:5060

We'll try again and the call connects, we have a number in outbound caller id, and the sip trunk is a generic provider template.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Roy Pateman

I am assuming that the IP the forbidden message comes from is the providers IP so i would recommend asking the provider why the calls fail. Since this is not a supported voip provider there might be some outbound parameters that need adjusting. This is why it is always best to use a supported Voip provider where they have been tested against the PBX and settings are adjusted by us to ensure maximum compatibility.

3. Roy Pateman

Our SIP provider is voiceflex which now has a template but with previous installs and this install we have had to use generic provider as there wasn't a voiceflex template. This is the first time though we are getting this error. Also the fact it does work then gets forbidden and then works again is the odd thing. We are collecting info to take to voiceflex and also 3cx but I was just wondering if anyone else had had the same issue.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the logs show the same outbound number (number being dialled) each time, then could it be a different caller ID being sent. Some providers have a problem when caller ID is not one associated with the numbers assigned to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.