Internal Call Blocking

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by yerfdog, Feb 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yerfdog

Hi All,

I have been trying to work out away of blocking some users from call others.

We have some people that should not be calling certain people within the system. How can i block them?

Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the sets (ATAs) they are using, have internal dialplans, then those plans could be set-up to block certain numbers. Other than that I'm not aware of a way to prevent calls to particular extensions.

If there are only a few numbers involved, you might make use of Caller ID at the called extension end, to forward the specific caller off to a voicemail box with a recording stating that their call will not go through.

3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

There is a very simple solution using forward exceptions for certain users, you may specify a list of numbers like 101-125,130 which you don't want to call the user. You may terminate the call (i.e. resulting busy tone) or forward to another extension (i.e. boss-secretary feature). Also this rule can be valid for certain time (office hours for example).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. yerfdog

Great,
    Works a treat.

Thanks

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.