Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Internal call does not disconnect

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Lukas, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukas

Hello! I have a problem with an internal call staying connected indefinitely.

I have 3 remote extensions, and they can call each other as well as make and receive external calls without problems. The extensions are cordless phones connected to FritzBox.

I have the Assistant installed on my PC.

What I have done is:

1 -- initiate a call from my extension (502) to extension 503 through the Assistant, in MakeCall mode (default).

2 -- transfer the call from 502 to 504 using drag and drop. So now 503 is talking to 504.

3 -- after a while 504 hangs up, but the extension status still shows 503 and 504 as connected. Server log shows

Currently active calls - 1: [1]

Any idea about what's happening?

Thanks!!

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

It sounds like your fritzbox is not sending the disconnect signal, what I oould suggest is that your verify it by creating a wireshark capture and seeing the traffic once you disconnect. This might give you a clear indication of where the issue is.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Lukas

Thanks Mark,

that must be the reason, because if the call is not initiated through MakeCall everything works as expected (what a brilliant way to transfer calls, by the way -- whoever come up with this is a genius!). When the call is initiated by MakeCall the fritzbox sends a voice prompt to the caller after pick up and while the callee answers, so it is clearly handled in a different way, and obviously after the transfer fritzbox goes nuts about disconnectin the call.

By the way, can you confirm that there is no way to set up things in a way that:

PBX calls the caller
    PBX calls the callee
    PBX joins the calls

so that Fritzbox doesn't have to do any special handling?

I doubt I'll ever get the Fritz people to address this issue (rather minor, after all), so if there were a workaround it would be fantastic.

Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.