Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Internal Caller ID Wrong

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jhicken, Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhicken

Hello,
    I am running 3CX v10 with all updates and Yealink T28P phones.

I have two extensions whose caller ID(display name) shows up incorrectly when dialing internal extensions.

For example:

I provision a phone for Jane at ext 124. I check the provisioning file and all the account info shows Jane. I log into the phone and the account info shows Jane but if I make a call to another internal extension, the caller ID shows as Dan.

I believe that this used to be Dans extension before he left the company. Somewhere in the system it remembers Dan. I need to change the extension to show up as Jane.

I have 2 extensions that currently have this issue. (that I know of)

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

2. willow

willow Member

The phones have a call log in them and it will try and match the number with the call log entry. Clear the logs and test it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did you look, both in the phone, and in 3CX against the extension (name) settings?

4. jhicken

Yes, the extension in 3CX had been deleted and then re-added.
    I also Factory-reset the phone and I made sure that the provisioning file was newly created and had the correct info.

5. willow

willow Member

check the other phones. if they have an entry in the call log from that extension it will match the last enrty and not the new settings.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. nbailey

nbailey Member

if the caller ID is showing an extension already deleted then no provisioning files have not been deleted. Factory reset is not enough. You have to remove the settings from the old extension also. If you reprovision a T28 for a new user you need to factory reset the phone and delete the old provisioning files to be safe. And be sure in the extension settings the old extension is either deleted or all old settings are removed.

Thanks,
    Nate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.