Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Internal Caller-ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by reighnman, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reighnman

I'm in the final phase our testing our configuration for deployment and have an issue with Caller-ID.

We have 5 PBX's configured with bridges between them (mesh). Each PBX then has outbound routes for each bridge to allow site to site calls using a 3 digit warehouse prefix followed by the user extension (001100, or 032100 etc, first 3 get stripped).

When a call is made between sites using an outbound route over a bridge, the ID of the bridge is passed as the caller ID. If a user misses the call and tries to use the callback function it will fail because it tries to dial the bridge ID. If I configure the outbound caller ID individually on each extension (ext>other>outbound caller id) to their 6 digit internal extension it works great, they can place calls to each site over the bridges and on the receiving end they can see/redial their internal ID.

The problem is when I configure outbound caller ID, it overrides the default caller ID settings on the primary outbound trunk. So if I call my cell phone now over our default outbound route, I see 001100. Is there a way to make a separate internal/bridge caller ID for extensions?

My second issue is that one location has 3 separate buildings that share 1 PBX. Each building has it's own inbound DIDs and I'd like to set the outbound caller ID to the inbound DID for their building. Again, I could do this using the outbound caller ID, but then I lose the ability to make an internal caller ID for dialing between PBXs over bridges..

Any ideas?

2. reighnman

I suppose a ghetto work around would be to use each sites 10 digit inbound DID for outbound caller ID and create outbound rules at each for each site to route them to the receptionist at their respective location..

Wouldn't allow people to return internal calls directly but at least they would get to the receptionist where the employee is located and outside caller ID would be correct.

3. antler

I would like to follow this post and it seems the only method is to write something here followed by the proverbial check the 'Notify me when a reply is posted' below!!

Rgds,

Antler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.