Internal calls getting wrong caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kenton.eberling.5, May 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenton.eberling.5

Hello,

I am running 3CX version 11 with 9 physical phones and about 30 extensions only used for voice mail.

Everything is functioning correctly but I have one small problem.

For example:
    Bill calls Lisa - Lisa's phone displays call from Bill. (How it should be).
    Bill calls Ed - Ed's phone displays call from Steve. (wrong)
    Steve is not making any calls at the time and these are direct extension to extension calls. It does not happen for everyone.

I am using all SPA303's with manual SIP port configuration with port fowarding to the phones static IP. Phones are spread through 3 different states. All with the same settings. Stun is enabled.

Does anyone have any advice to give? This is not a major issue but is really just annoying.

Thanks

Kenton

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This came up once before, might have been a different make of phone. That time it was because the set was displaying the name from it's internal directory, overriding the name sent from the PBX (or calling device). names cane be in at least three different places...the originating device, the PBX, and the destination sets directory, the later being the same as the way a mobile phone name display operates.

3. kenton.eberling.5

Thanks for that,

I will have to check if the end user has programmed the directory. That might be the case because we switched over from another service to 3CX and did non to a factory wipe on the phones. The old extensions if programmed in the directory would certainly come up different.

I will update when i check these things.

Kenton

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.