Internal calls terminated after about 2-4 hours

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tuxiteer, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuxiteer

I am using a phone pair for my baby monitor. It seems that when I have an internal call active for more than around 2 hours the PBX auto-terminates the call.
    This was working fine in Asterisk as I had it setup as a pager group. I am not using a pager group in 3CX.

Are there any timeout settings I can update? Or any suggestions on how I should accomplish this in 3CX?

Any help or thoughts are appreciated!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The 3CX logs might give an indication as to whether it was a timeout issue or caused by something else.

3. aesteve

aesteve New Member

Hello, i hope that this can help you :

Why do my Calls end after 3 hours?

This is done to prevent a scenario where a person makes a call somewhere and for some reason he forgets to hang up. This avoids unterminated calls going on for ever, and helps to avoid charges for such unterminated calls. This is a failsafe feature.

The PBX is set to end calls every 10800 Seconds.

This Value can be changed to any time value you like from the 3CX Phone System Management Console. Go to "Settings -> Advanced -> Custom Parameters" and scroll to the parameter called "MAXCALLDURATION".

These are the parameters that may assist with handling unterminated calls:

•SIPPINGPERIOD - This parameter may be set to value greater then 0 to enforce PBX to track whether participant of call is still alive ( creates additional load for the PBX
    •MAXNOANSWERTIMEOUT - It Controls the maximum time of ringing state of the route (effectively it is global timeout to reach destination) ( Default is 180, Min value is 180)
    •MAXCALLDURATION - This parameter globally controls the maximum call duration. All calls (even active calls) will be terminated after specified timeout. (Min value is MAXNOANSWERTIMEOUT + 180 sec, default is 10800 sec = 3 hours)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mgriffit

We just ran into this problem today. I looked at the custom parameter list but did not see MAXCALLDURATION in the list. should i just add it to the bottom and change the value to something greater than 10800?

Thanks,

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.