Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Internal Calls with remote Extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AHAutomation, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AHAutomation

We have an 3cx PBX in the Cloud. (self configured)
    All our extensions are connected remotely.
    We have different locations (networks) where these extensions are placed.

When i call an extension that is on a different location (network) with the internal number, i get no sound or voice through. When i call the same extension with the outside number, everything works.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

What do you mean by different locations? Is there a VPN connection between these sites? Are these extensions configured as remote extensions?
    Try enabling PBX delivers Audio from the extension options and see if this solves your problem

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You haven't provided any information about how the "remote" locations are configured. How many extensions are involved at each location? are you using the 3CX SBC, are the sets just behind a router? Is there only an audio problem when calling one location, or is it the same in both directions?

4. AHAutomation

Hi, sorry for the late response. My Apologies!

We dont have any VPN connections.
    I have allowed our extensions to be connected outside of the LAN.

When i have 2 extensions on a different location. (1 in Germany, 1 in Holland) They dont have audio when i call there Extension number (internal number) But when i call there external number it works perfectly. When they are both in the same location (netwerk) (2 in Holland) it works perfeclty.

I will try the enabling PBX delivers Audio, i will let u know!

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Try PBX delivers audio and also let us know if the extensions are provisioned using STUN or if they are behind an SBC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.